I have another fun book to share with you today!
If you are following me over on Facebook, you have probably seen me share projects from Lisa of A Spoonful of Sugar. I just adore her style – everything she sews is so pretty and her fabric choices are always perfect!
Lisa has a new book out called A Spoonful of Sugar, after her blog, and it is so sweet! You are going to just love it. I’m so happy to be a part of her blog tour for the book!
The book is a sweet mixture of home, kitchen, and even projects for kids. There is a fun mix of hand and machine sewing that I loved – I have so many projects I want to make!
For the book tour we are each showing off a project we’ve made from the book. I was looking through deciding what to make and came across this darling mixer hoop art. No decision there – I just had to make one of my own!
The book has a full pattern for the design and great instructions too. So if you’ve never done machine embroidery outline stitching – this is a great place to start!
Lisa has several hexie projects in the book as well. I took that idea and made a little flower garden hexagon hoop to go with my mixer hoop.
I made the hexagon flower and then hand stitched them to the base fabric with a running stitch. It was really quick to make! I love how they look together.
There are so many amazing bloggers on the tour – you’ll want to check them all out to see what everyone made!
Here’s the schedule:
- April 26 Jodie Carlton Ric Rac
- April 27 Minki Kim Minki’s Work Table
- April 28 Melissa LeRay Oh How Sweet
- April 29 Jemima Flendt Tied With a Ribbon
- April 30 Beverley McCullough Flamingo Toes
- May 2 Sedef Imer Down Grapevine Lane
- May 3 Nadra Ridgeway Ellis and Higgs
- May 4 Amy Morinaka Chick Chick Sewing
- May 5 Caroline Critchfield Sew Can She
- May 6 Kristyne Czepuryk Pretty By Hand
- May 7 Bronwyn Hayes Red Brolly
- May 9 Anorina Morris Samelia’s Mum
- May 10 Peta Peace She Quilts A Lot
- May 11 Faith Essenburg Sarana Ave
- May 12 Angie Wilson Gnome Angel
- May 13 Sharon Burgess Lilabelle Lane Creations
- May 14 Stacy Olson Stacy Olson
- May 16 Ayda Algin Cafenohut
- May 17 Jennie Pickett Clover and Violet
- May 18 Wynn Tan Zakka Art
- May 19 Lisa Cox A Spoonful of Sugar
Lisa is also having a Sew-a-Long! Here’s all the details:
Please join us for an Instagram Sew Along from June 1 – August 9. We will be making projects from A Spoonful of Sugar: Sew 20 Simple Projects to Sweeten Your Surroundings Zakka Style. There will be five rounds, each lasting for two weeks which will give you plenty of time to complete a project or two from the book. Our good friend, Amy Sinibaldi from Nana Company is the Guest Judge, with fantastic prizes for the winner of each round, plus a Grand Prize Winner, generously sponsored by Alisha from Ministry of Fabric. We really hope you join in the fun! #ASPOONFULOFSUGARSAL
I’m having a giveaway for the book too! Enter on the rafflecopter to win your own copy of A Spoonful of Sugar!