How’s that for a generic title?
I am not too big on resolutions. They stress me out a bit.
But I also don’t really want to meander through the year either – I figure if I don’t make a goal to get somewhere – I probably won’t get anywhere.
Pretty profound huh? ;) I should make a printable. or not.
So I have some “Goals”. Loose plans of things I’d like to do this year. I figure if I share them with you, that will:
1) Give me a reference to check back with
2) Make me less likely to pretend that they don’t exist.
And these are all blog/crafting/creative related. You can safely assume that I also want to clean my house more, lose weight, and own more cute shoes this year. But that is a whole different post.
1. I want to use my serger more. This little baby scares the tar out of me. For no good reason really.
I would like to make more clothes this year – and this is the perfect tool. I need to be brave – and not be so afraid I’m going to cut my fingers off. That hasn’t ever happened right?
2. I want to make more of other people’s tutorials. I never really make time to do that – even though I love them and pin them and think they’re awesome. To be honest – I felt like maybe you wouldn’t like to keep reading if I didn’t have new stuff all the time. But I’m kind of trying to relax a bit. You’ll still love me if I make other people’s projects occasionally right? I hope so.
Plus – that’s kind of the whole idea behind Pinterest isn’t it? Not just to be forever pinning and not making like I’ve been doing?? :)
Either way – here are some projects on my ’12 list :
If you click on the images, you will go to my pins – you can then find the sites from there.
This is just a wee sampling. But these are my starting point.
3. I want to be positive. I want Flamingo Toes to be a fun place. A place that encourages you and makes you glad you came by. I want to try more to support other bloggers and crafters and make more friendships and grow the friendships I have.
This sounds sappy. But I really want to try and communicate how much fun this blog is for me. And how much fun I have connecting with all of you. I hope that comes across.
4. I want to be brave this year. I have big dreams. Like B.I.G.
Things I want that I’m afraid to tell you about because I don’t want to jinx them. haha. Plus – if they never happen then I’m the only one that knows. That’s safe right?
Well, I don’t want to play it safe anymore. mostly. So here goes.
I want to write a book. A crafting book.
I can’t believe I just typed that. Please be kind.
I’m tired of wishing. and being afraid. And as trite as it sounds, I’m tired of not trying. So this year is the year. I’m going to submit a book proposal. And if it is rejected, I’m going to submit another one. And if it doesn’t ever work . . . . I’ll cry. But I’ll also not be sitting around wondering either.
5. Keep on, keeping on.
I have grand plans for more jewelry tutorials, some room renovations around here, sewing projects and lots more. I am so excited about this year and all the projects and parties and fun!
So that’s not too overwhelming. Some fun goals – and dreams – to focus on and give me and the blog some direction. I’m so looking forward to it all!
Thanks so much for your support. It really does mean the world to me. :)